Arohanui Missions Team
Our enthusiastic Missions Team encourages the church to actively support mission, whether overseas or here in New Zealand. The team is responsible for the distribution of 10% of all church income to various causes, including:
- Emmett Street Church (a sister church, destroyed in the Christchurch earthquakes)
- World Vision (through the 40-hr Famine and recent World Vision Banquet)
- Books in Homes (a project in Manila, organised by Dr Jo Ward from Arohanui)
- What Happens After We Die? (booklet written by Hank Overeem, Pastor-at-large)
- The Team is currently considering supporting a Children’s Home and new church in Pokhara, Nepal.
Since Kidnappers Radio was initiated in 1995, Margaret Burgess has been sharing her faith by presenting Monday Miscellany, a weekly radio programme of comment on topical issues interspersed with Christian music. This hour-long programme also features the Good News Bulletin of Christian events around the Bay, and From the Papers, which puts a Christian slant on issues often presented in a rather biased way by the secular media. This year Margaret has introduced Signs of the Times and Healthy Living to the first half-hour which often includes a book review.
Monday Miscellany can be heard at 8p.m. on Monday, repeated at 5p.m. on Tuesday, on Kidnappers Community Access Radio, the Voice of Hawke's Bay, 1431AM or 104.FM.
Margaret also hosts Songs for Sunday, a series of half-hour programmes on a different theme each week. From favourite hymns to the latest contemporary Christian music, there’s something for all tastes.
Songs for Sunday can be heard at 12.30p.m. and 6p.m. each Sunday on Kidnappers Community Access Radio, the Voice of Hawke's Bay, 1431AM or 104.FM.
81 Middle Road
Havelock North, New Zealand
Phone: 06 877 4191 Fax: 06 877 2433